1. The customer has to select the new option ’Term Deposit Open’. Here it will show the list of TD products enabled in Internet Banking; customer has to choose the required product. At present, in the list it will display only one product Eg. E-DCD.
2. The customer has to enter the following details
Source Account: Here the system will display the list of Casa accounts of the customer having with the bank. Customer has to select one account from which the funds are to be transferred to open TD account.
Amount of Deposit: Customer should enter the amount. Minimum Amount Rs. 5,000.00 and maximum amount Rs. 5.00 lacs.
Tenure: __ Months ____ Days. Customer to enter the period of deposit.
Interest Plan: For E-DCD by default it will appear as ‘At Maturity’
Interest Instructions – For DCD by default it will come as ‘Add to principal’
Principal Instructions: By default it will show as ‘Account Transfer’
Account Number for redemption : It will show the list of customer’s casa accounts . But it will not allow to choose an account other than the source account from which the funds are transferred to TD a/c.
3. After entering the above details and accepting for Terms and Conditions, the system will display all the entered details for customer’s verification. Here customer can confirm the details or change the entered details.
4. After confirming the details, the system will insist to enter the ‘Transaction Pin’ since it is a financial transaction. After entering the Transaction Pin the system will process the details and opens a TD and display the TD a/c details on the screen. The customer can take a printout of the details and keep it for his reference.
5. No.of Term Deposits – The customer can open any number TD a/c’s in a day.
6. Where the TD account gets opened – The TD account will get opened in the Base branch from where the funds for TD a/c is debited (i.e. Source account).
7. In whose name the TD account gets opened – The system opens the TD account in the same name as that of the source account selected for transfer of funds. It will be opened as per the CIF details of the source account. The ownership details also will be as per the source account selected.
Eg. In case the customer is having 2 SB accounts one is sole ownership and another is E or S account with spouse. While opening the TD if the customer selects sole owner account as source account, TD will get opened as Sole Owner. If the customer selects E or S SB account as Source account, TD will get opened in E or S mode as like that of source account.
8. Receipt Printing: Separate Term Deposit receipt will not be printed and issued for the TD accounts opened on the net. However the customer can take a print out of the details of the TD account from the Internet at any time. *
9. Rate of Interest: The system will automatically pickup the present domestic deposit card rate of Interest.
10. TD closure: On the date of maturity, the system will automatically close the TD account and credit the proceeds to the same source account. No manual intervention is required here.
11. Pre-closure: At present there is no option in the Internet net to pre-close the TD by customer himself. In case he needs to pre-close the TD the customer can approach the branch to pre-close the TD with all the relevant details like TD a/c No, Amount, TD opening date , Due date etc. On proper identification of the customer and TD details the branch can pre-close the TD account at the branch counters.*
12. TDS & Form 15H: The system will deduct the TDS for the TD a/c’s opened in the net as per the TDS rules defined in FCR. In case the customer wants the waiver of TDS by submitting 15H, then he has to submit the request at branch counters with form 15H and the TD a/c details. The branch can mark the TDS waiver for the TD accounts opened in the net.
13. PAN updation: To be done at branches only
14. Lien Marking & Loans: Customer can avail the loan against the TD / can offer the E-DCD as a security through the base branch only. System allows to mark lien on the TD a/cs in FCR at branches. *
15. Senior Citizens & Staff a/cs with differential Rate of Interest: At present in the Internet senior citizen deposit, staff deposits cannot be opened with differential rate of interest.
16. Nomination: The nomination for TD a/c can be registered at the branch only. The customer has to submit the details at the branch for registering the nomination. It cannot be registered in the internet.
17. TD Accounts opening & closing by branches: The branches should not open TD in this product (E-DCD) , though system will allow to open.
* Contact your base branch.